Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Supercharge Your Immune System With Garlic, Lemon and Raw Honey Shots

I used to always be time poor, crazy busy and my days were very long ones with only 5-6 hours sleep per night. As I was always on the go, I often didn't have time to think about what I was eating, or my health. I would catch a cold or come down with the flu and couldn't figure out why; I exercised regularly, I ate what I thought was healthy, so my immune system was strong right? Wrong. My body was always fighting to keep going so it's no surprise my immune system was weak.

Nowadays I don't get sick, and if I do feel something coming on I opt for all natural cold combating vitamins like Echinacea and vitamin C, as well increasing my fruit and vegetable consumption. But in order to keep my immunity strong and avoid getting sick altogether I regularly consume natures immune boosting offerings like garlic.

Garlic contains a superpower of flavonoids and sulfur-containing nutrients and is a simple way to keep your immune system in top form. A study by Washington State University determined that when fighting disease causing bacteria's, garlic is 100 times more effective than antibiotics.

Garlic is best consumed raw as when it's cooked it reduces the protective effects of the allicin. It's still beneficial when used in cooking, just use double the amount that you would when consuming it raw and add it in at the end of the cooking process, not the beginning.

Another natural immune booster is raw honey, not only is raw honey highly nutritious, it's anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. It contains copious amounts of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and vitamin C as well as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulphur, sodium chlorine and phosphate. Be sure to consume raw honey and not "regular" honey, as raw honey hasn't been heated to high temperatures so it contains more of the beneficial health properties.

Also well known for fighting bacteria and infection are lemons as they're abundant in vitamin C and flavonoids, and also contain, magnesium, calcium and citric acid.

During the autumn and winter months I have one garlic, lemon & raw honey shot per day, and if there is a flu outbreak I'll up it to two per day. It truly is a super charged immune booster and best of all it's 100% natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment